Sunday, January 24, 2010

A house for Boogs

Nate informed me that he was tired of playing "store" and pretending and painting nails and coloring and that he wanted to find something he and boogs could do together. A project of sorts, something that he would enjoy and that she could "help" him with. When I suggested a doll house, I was thinking more along the lines of a small, simple box thing that they could do in a day. So, off to Hobbly Lobby we all went. Well, what he found was not small, nor simple, but he insisted. I wish I had taken a picture of all the hundreds of pieces that were in the box. Just imagine. Every single shingle was glued down...that should give you a great idea. But, he did it (with my help). And it's adorable. Here it is almost completed:




As you can see Bria was a huge help, and was already putting her toys in "their" house.



The inside, after my "carpet" and "wall paper" installation.

Our little wooden doll family.
Me, Nate, Pink Baby, Bria and Hailey.



Grandma Kari and Paka Jay.

Nana and Papa


The outside, almost done. The roof still isn't painted, and I'm debating whether or not I will paint it.

It was actually really fun, once the little building parts were done. Me and Nate stayed up too late a few nights finishing it up. Boogs is of course ecstatic and now we just need to make some little furniture to go inside. The never ending project is what I call it. The never ending project of fun. ha!

3 comments:

Amanda said...

This is seriously adorable! I've always wanted to make one of these, but never had enough guts. How cute!

Alicia said...

Way to cute for words! I Love it just the way it is, no need for roof painting.

Sarah and Jeremy said...

WOW! did you paint the little people as well??? Becca you are way too talented!