Sunday, December 2, 2007

Sorry, you are not the winner of....anything!

So, I got pretty annoyed seeing that in the message line every time I checked my email. Obviously, I didn't win the shoes I bid on. I wasn't surprised really, I didn't bid very high. But, I kept bidding on other pairs of shoes. I probably bid on about 6 pairs of shoes, and everytime I did, I would get a lovely email telling me "sorry, you are not the winner of whatever you bid on because somebody out bid you in the last minute, (I'm sure), by 50 cents!" I was so bugged. I guess I need to just to be competitive and spend more effort actually trying to win. I would just put in my "highest bid" or whatever and wait and see what happens, which I'm sure is not how you're supposed to do it if you really wanna win. It seems I need to stay on here all day and watch until an item only has like 2 minutes left, and then make my bid 50 cents higher than the highest bid. That's what happened to me every time. So, I don't know if I've given up totally on the ebay experience, but I know that next time I bid, I will have to be more creative. Whatever. It was fun while it lasted. :)

3 comments:

Alicia said...

That's to bad. I know it is disappointing when Cam and I don't win either. Let me know if you want me to pick some shoes up for you.

Tessy said...

c'mon Beck you need to BE one of those annoying "snipers" who wait until there are mere seconds left and THEN bid:)

Justin said...

Hey Becca, good to hear from you. You have a beautiful family. I just drove through Albuquerque the other day and thought about the Foutz family. I would have stopped to visit but Dallan was with me and you may remember he doesn't like people. Hope you guys are doing well, tell your family hi for me. Oh, and when you refer to me, go ahead and call me Dr. Crook, Dr. Justin, Dr. J, or any variation of those, as long as Dr. is included. I gotta milk this degree out for all its worth. You don't really have to do that, I was kidding. But seriously