So, I've never been a huge fan of Valentine's Day. I mean, I guess it was cool back in the day when you were like in junior high or high school and you were lucky enough to get a 'special' something from your 'special' someone, but it's just not my thing. Don't get me wrong, I love any excuse to give and especially get gifts, heeeheee, but I've just never really gotten into it. Maybe it's cuz I got my first 'real' valentine's gift from a boy in 5th grade, when boys still had cooties, especially this one! LOL! That's probably what ruined it for me. :) Whatever. Well, today was no exception. This is what I woke up to and spent all day with....a sick (again) and very grumpy baby.
Lucky me. Now I'm definitely feeling the romantic vibe. At least the sucker made her happy, until I took it away after like 2 minutes. Sorry, no suckers for breakfast, only for the picture. Notice the bags under her red tired eyes, and the slimy nose. Yep, you can only imagine what I looked like behind the camera, after a long night. Lucky Nate! ;)
Here she is doing one of her many 'neb' treatments.
Well, she took a very short nap and felt somewhat better and wanted to go with mommy to the store. I really wanted to make a pot roast with carrots and potatoes for dinner, but I had none of the ingredients. So, Wal*Mart, here we come. For whatever reason, she insisted on wearing her "hat" while we were gone.

Who could deny that cute face?! So off we went. We got all the yummy ingredients, and I must say, it was yummy! For some reason, I was feeling festive and decided to make sugar cookies. I've never made them before, but I have been wanting to. It was quite the undertaking. I found a yummy recipe online, and I began my 2 (at least) hour task. The finished product...I had to take a picture to document the achievement.


I made all 5,000 of them, including the frosting. Ok, there weren't quite that many, but it sure felt like it while I was mixing, and rolling, and cutting, and baking and finally frosting...not to mention eating too! Well, I was feeling pretty beat, so what did my amazing husband do? He busted out his massage table and gave me a wonderful, relaxing massage! Gotta love that. Thanks babe! Afterwards, we watched LOST. I guess Valentine's day isn't so bad afterall.
How was your Valentine's Day??
Who could deny that cute face?! So off we went. We got all the yummy ingredients, and I must say, it was yummy! For some reason, I was feeling festive and decided to make sugar cookies. I've never made them before, but I have been wanting to. It was quite the undertaking. I found a yummy recipe online, and I began my 2 (at least) hour task. The finished product...I had to take a picture to document the achievement.
I made all 5,000 of them, including the frosting. Ok, there weren't quite that many, but it sure felt like it while I was mixing, and rolling, and cutting, and baking and finally frosting...not to mention eating too! Well, I was feeling pretty beat, so what did my amazing husband do? He busted out his massage table and gave me a wonderful, relaxing massage! Gotta love that. Thanks babe! Afterwards, we watched LOST. I guess Valentine's day isn't so bad afterall.
How was your Valentine's Day??
No comments:
Post a Comment