I sure thought so.
I made it to the grocery store today, by myself, with both babies.
I was pretty proud of myself for doing so. Neither one cried, no melt downs. Good, productive trip.
Until I am trying to get my keys in the ignition to start the car to get the air conditioner going (dang post-partum hormones) and I look up to see my cart full of groceries and two babies sailing away. I have to run to catch it before it rolls in the road.
Shoulda put the babies in the car first.
Wish I had my camera to document the confused, yet calm, innocent look on Cambria's face as I look up just in time to see her cruising by.
Guess I'm not so awesome after all.
2 comments:
Wow, you go girl! It took me a while to brave the grocery store with both for a while! I did, however, figure out that using one of those ginormous car carts, while they are miserble to push around, actually keep Rylee entertained enough to make it through the shopping trip. (just in case Bria ever does get difficult at the grocery store) ;) You're so lucky by the way...
That was so funny. I did that to Eden and Hannah while we were in PA and I was about 8 months pregnant with Hyrum. I was trying to get the groceries all loaded, had somekind of problem, look to the cart and it's gone. This was in the rolling hills walmart parking lot and the wind was horrid that day. I ran to catch them, already accross the street and ready to hit the other cars. I felt so horrible for what I did. They both cried and then I did the most horrible thing . . . I locked my keys in the car, with Hannah who couldn't get out of her seat. She sat in the car for an hour while I held Eden in the freezing wind (december) until I found a cop to break in. What a memory. I blame it on those dang pregnancy hormones! Good job getting the kids to the store, that's always a milestone for me.
Post a Comment