Monday, January 12, 2009

Journaling it

Just sitting here, bored, waiting for Nate to come "home" to our hotel room in Alamogordo. Yep, that's right, I said Alamogordo. Cambria finally fell asleep, and of course Hailey just woke up. But, that's not what I want to write about. Cambria is doing so good going on the potty! I just want to journal about it so I can be reminded that I really am a crazy mom, and potty training made me even crazier! For some reason I thought it would be a piece of cake. But...not so much. I guess it's easier than some, but it is still so hard. We tried about a month ago, and after 3 days of peeing/pooing in her pants, we bagged the idea until later. Well, later came last week, Tuesday to be exact. Here's the brief rundown:

Tuesday: 0 accidents

Wednesday: a few accidents in the morning, good all afternoon

Thursday: peed her pants every 5 minutes it seemed, rethinking this whole idea...

Friday: Good, only one pee accident at night

Saturday: Only one accident, at Bella's party

Sunday: 0 accidents, even went to church and gradma kari's house

Today: 0 accidents! and we drove all the way to Alamogordo. Had to make a few potty stops on the way.

I'm so excited about this! It definitely has not been easy. I rarely left my house this week, actually never the first few days. It nearly made me crazy though.

Me: "Cambria, do you need to go potty?"

Bria: "No." (of course, always no)

Me: "Ok, don't pee your pants please."

Literally 10 seconds later......

Bria: "I need to go potty mommy!" (standing in a puddle of pee.)

Me: "UUUUGGGGHHHHH!!!"

We used the reward system. Her treat of choice: Marshmallows. The nasty colored, flavored ones. She loved 'em. Sat on the potty for like 20 minutes the first day just so she could get 3 of them. Whatever works, that's what I say.

So, we've been "accident free" for only 2 days, but here's to hoping that two days will soon turn into 2 weeks, 2 months........I can see the light at the end of the potty, or something.

5 comments:

Tessy said...

yay for narrowing down your diaper changing! i think tuesday's ready-but i'm not. hopefully i'll have the courage to delve in soon. but she is so naughty she'll use accidents as revenge...i'm a little scared.

Sara said...

Wow! Sounds like you are a pro already! Hannah was hard for me. Eden was a piece of cake. They didn't do the night thing until a little later. Hopefully Hailey will catch on and take at it with no problem. Bria is awesome, but you seem to handle it really well for a first time thing. I know it was easier for me to be patient with the second child since I expected to have lots of messes, but poor Hannah had a very inexperienced mommy trying to get an overwhelming task accomplished. It turns into fun memories.

Joy said...

Hi there!
You have such a cute family!
I did a tutorial on painting furniture here:
http://joysofhome.blogspot.com/2008/11/painting-novel.html
Hopefully that will answer your questions. If not, please feel free to email me at joysofhome@gmail.com
Have a wonderful weekend!

Sarah and Jeremy said...

LOL! That was funny! I can't believe that you are already to that stage in life! I was at borders the other day (Yes they have Borders even in Singapore) and there was a potty book on sale for 5 singapore dollars (which is like 3 us dollars) So I had to get it. It even has a button that makes a flushing toilet sound! And I don't even have to think about that sort of thing for at least 2 years! I'm just trying to prepare myself. :)

Dramatic Imaging said...

Oh, man...... that sounds like heaven. Maybe it helps being way sweet. I am a grouch and maybe that is why Jax is still in the process after 6 months and 3 and half! Good luck!