Glen Canyon Dam
The first night Boogs wanted to take a bath in Grandma Verda's big jacuzzi tub. We filled it up with water, added the bubbles, then turned on the jets. The bubbles were at least 12" deep. Every kids dream, right?
Well, not so much. Boogs liked it for about 30 seconds, til she realized she couldn't find any water to rinse the bubbles off with.
The next day we went to Jumpin' Jacks. Fun stuff. We couldn't get Cambria to go down any of the big bouncy slides {obviously}, so Nate took Hailey down, cuz she doesn't know any better.
She didn't like it much though.
Then we went to the aquatic center, or as Boogs calls it "The Sand Hollow Pool". (Side note: Cambria must know everything. Everything we are talking about, everywhere we are going, who's going, etc... But, the thing is that she knows if I'm just making something up so that she will quit asking. So, this particular instance, she kept asking which pool we were going to. I didn't know the real name, so I kept telling her 'I don't know. It's just Grandma's pool." That wasn't good enough for her, so she kept asking. Finally when we got there, I saw the name of it and told her it was the Sand Hollow Aquatic Center. To this day, she still asks when we are going back to The Sand Hollow Pool.)
It was alot of fun. Again, we made Hailey go down the big slide, since she can't protest.
This one she actually liked, and then after she went, Cambria went down too! Twice! Of course, my camera battery was dead, so I have no proof, but she did it and I was so proud. She really liked it too. Here she is going down the little frog slide: also a huge accomplishment.

(I realize the quality of these photos are seriously lacking, but it's hard to take a picture of a moving subject with my "awesome" camera. Maybe these will prove what an investment a Canon Rebel xSi-from Costco-for my birthday-and anniversary-and christmas gift would be. Hint, hint honey.)
We had a great time staying with grandma and can't wait to do it again!
No comments:
Post a Comment