Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Preschool

Bria started preschool this year. She has been so excited about going for months. We ordered her backpack a few weeks before. The long awaited day finally arrived. She got up early and got her self dressed. We took a few pictures and we were on our way.

3 years old.






With her teacher, Mrs. Lindsey.
I could tell she was nervous about staying and wasn't sure about what to expect. I hugged and kissed her and told her to be brave and have fun. I almost made it to my car before the tears came....my tears.




How is it that she is old enough to be in preschool??

What if she gets hurt?
What if she needs me?
What if somebody is mean to her?

I knew she would be fine, but it still made me a little sad knowing this is just the beginning. The beginning of a many more years of school.

I cried for about 30 seconds, until I looked at the clock in my car and realized I had to be back to pick her up in less than 2 hours. Then I sobbed because my precious "one kid shopping time" was ticking away quickly! Ha! Just kidding Bria. I love you and am so proud of you for being brave and staying at school. She was so excited when I came back to get her and she couldn't wait to go back.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

so stinken cute:) that is soc razy that she is almost 4!!!!!! i can't believe how ffast time goes