I made it back late last night from my scrapbooking retreat. I had so much fun and got a ton of scrapping done. It was a wonderful weekend getaway, but I missed my baby and hubby and I am worn out from staying up so late scrapping! But, it was definitely worth it. They do this every six months, and I am for sure going back. It was so fun to share ideas and tools and supplies and just be in good company for a few days, laughing, munching and scrapping to your hearts content. Good times.
On another note, Cambria is just about at the "golden age" of 18 months, and all you mom's know what that means. Nursery. Yep, I thought I would be thrilled, but I am dreading it and feeling my heart break for her. We have been taking her for the last few weeks or so, but staying with her and just letting her "get used to it". Well, today we just dropped her off and left. It was awful. She cried the whole time. I finally broke down and went and got her after about 45 minutes, which was the longest she has ever stayed by herself. I don't know why I thought she would just magically be fine and go in without any problems, but it's not happening. It seems like in the last month or so, she has gotten really clingy and it is not helping. I really think if she could have gone in about 2 months ago, she would have been fine, but now it is so hard. I have talked to other moms (i.e. sisters in law) and they all agree that if they could've taken thier kiddos in earlier, it would have been an easier transition. I know she will be fine and will eventually 'get over it', but right now it is so hard to walk by and hear her crying for "mama" right by the door. Breaks my heart. So, obviously any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. We will see how it goes next week. Ugh.
2 comments:
I definately agree.....kids should go to nursery around 15 months. They all seem to get so clingy about 18 months. It does get better though! By about 20 months both of my girls were great in the nursery (just in time to get ready for the new baby). Luckily for me, my little sister is the nursery leader so they don't have a problem going. Good luck! I know how you feel!
Mia cried but not for long periods of time, she would stop within a few minutes. Now she doesn't cry. This is what I would do if I were you...
1)talk about nursery before hand and that mommy is going to drop her off and say, "bye bye Cambria, have fun!" but then make sure you tell her you are going to come back and get her.
2)if she has a favorite lovey like a blanket or stuffed animal tell her mommy can't stay but your blankey or whatever it is can stay with you.
3)drop her off, leave right away.
4)the first time come back in 10 minutes and she's done with nursery, second time come back in 15 minutes, 3rd time 30 minutes and so on.
Maybe it'll work, I don't know. Just a thought.
Post a Comment