I ordered Cambria some super cute capri leggings from Children's Place last week, and they finally came in yesterday. I was so excited and I put them on her right away to see if they fit. She loved them and wanted to leave them on, so I let her. It was Nate's birthday yesterday (Happy Birthday sweetie. Love ya.) and I was getting ready to go out on our dinner date. Cambria was in my bathroom with me, as she always is, and was getting into all the cupboards and drawers and pulling everything out. I was on the phone with my mom, and trying to put on my makeup, so I wasn't being super attentive, as I should have. I turned around after a few minutes to behold my sweet little 18month old trying to paint her toenails, and paint her pants and her shirt and everything else in sight! I freaked out, hung up on my mom, attempted to salvage the brand new leggings she was wearing, all the while holding back tears. She has never been able to open the nail polish bottle. apparently now she can.
Sorry for the super terrible pictures. Remember, I was holding back tears and losing my mind. This was after she had painted her face with my lipstick while I was in the shower, and dumped a bottle of water out onto my bed and the floor.
It's my fault because I actually paint her toenails, so she was just trying to be helpful, I'm sure, by doing it herself.
At least she was sitting on a pillow and she poured it out on that, instead of my carpet. Only one major casualty from the disaster: the leggings.
Good thing I only spent $2.97 on them.
6 comments:
haha. k i'm dying here. that is so great. i seriously think when people are talking about the terrible twos they are meaning the terrible almost twos. or just the "teens" in months and/or years. you saw how naughty tuesday is! and BTW! -she will now sit in her chair if Ian isn't looking, but as soon as she has his attention, she will get out of hers and walk over to sit on his. just for his reaction! UH! so i'm always having to convince her to get out and stop picking on her poor sensitive older brother. ALREADY!!
I have a blanket that is covered in bright pink sparkly polish from my sweet Lexi when she was about that same age. And, the blanket was only a couple of weeks old. Oh, gotta love little girls!!!
great story! at least she painted her face with lipstick instead of nail polish. my Ryan painted his face with nail polish while we were camping a few years back and i didn't have any remover, so he just stayed painted while we camped. quite a sight because it was red. we had to just let it wear off becuase we couldn't use remover on his face...took a few days of scrubbing here and there with a washcloth.
I had done the same thing. Painted her toes one Saturday morning and the next time she had a chance she was painting her whole foot. Along with he outfit, my mom had made Emma this cute summer dress She had insisted on wearing the moment she got it so I let he wear it while I was packing and she had gotten into the permanent black markers to "label" our boxes and colored black all over her dress. I didn't tell my mom for awhile.
Thats too funny Im glad I found your blog.... It's so cute.. Hope everything is good for you and your family again congrats on the new one to come.
just found your blog. yikes!!! ashleigh hasn't gotten into anything that bad...YET. i'm sure it's to come that little stinker is everywhere. congratulations on another girl! that's so exciting you're little one is too stinking cute.
Post a Comment