Monday, January 7, 2008

Playing...

After having Bria's birthday in October and now with Christmas being over, my living room was beginning to look like a messy playroom all the time. Since Cambria got so many new toys, I was beginning to get sick of having to step over billions of toys every time I walked through the living room. We don't have a very big house, so we don't actually have a playroom to put all of her toys. So, this Saturday, I set out on an adventure to find something to put her toys in, in her room. Go figure. This is what I found....

I got this little cubby thingy and the bins and my problem is solved! I thought she had so many toys, but after putting them away in those bins, she still has two that are completely empty! I can't take complete credit, my SIL has two for her kiddos rooms, but still....

She loves getting into the bins and pulling out all her toys. I love that they are now in her room and I don't care if it's messy, I just clean it before she goes to bed.

Aside from sleeping in her room and getting dressed in there, she never spent any time in her room. Yesterday she spent at least 2 hours playing in there with her toys while Nate and I watched LOST! Love that. (yes, Nate and I just started watching the first season of LOST. Our goal is to watch all 3 seasons before the new one comes on this month. I know, we are a little behind the times. We love it so far though.) Anyway, I am so excited about our new transition and she absolutely loves playing in her room. She's getting so big!


And I have to show off my other find. I'm so excited about these. Anyone who really knows me, knows I absolutely love pink gerbera daisies. I may be a bit obsessed with them, but whatever. But I found these stickers you can stick on the wall and I love love love them. Too cute!
I only bought one package and I knew I should have bought more. I live vicariously through her 'cuz if I had it my way, my whole house would be decorated with them. So, I limit myself to her room, and I may have gone a bit overboard!

4 comments:

Megan said...

she is so cute! i love those bins! where did you get them? i need to get some for Olivia's room, she already has so many toys and she is so little! i love gerber daises too!

Tessy said...

goods call on sending her to her room! reclaim the living room :) and yay for your LOST watching!! you have a few weeks ;)

Alicia said...

That is so funny, isn't all of it so ture!? I had too had to have Emma's room a certain way. Also with the toys, oh my, a small and I mean small two bed room apt. is very difficult to place her toys in her room, but we now have them all under her bed in plastic bins she can pull out and put away. Cam and I also have started to watch lost which we are also becoming obsessed with slowly, to funny.

Kara said...

Smart thinking, I need to go get one of those bin things. I have those wicker baskets and they're bad for a lot of reason-one being that they break easy and so I find little wicker peices everywhere and another is that I need too many to put her toys in so it just looks messy. Love the bin idea though! BTW, love the color of her room, I'm pretty sure that's like the exact color I had Rylee's room painted in our apt. :)