Things are not looking good over here, as far as labor goes. I went to the doc last Thursday, and nothing is going on. No dilating, no contracting, nothing. The problem is, I had a c-section with Cambria, and I was going to attempt a non c-section this time (didn't think I should type that word on here, know what I mean?). So anyway, since I've had a previous c-section, they are very cautious in what they will use or do to put me in labor. Basically, they will do nothing as far as inducing me if I am not at least doing something on my own(dilating mostly). So, I'm stuck. The doc said if I am not dilating in a couple weeks, then they will just section me again. I was so sad when I got home. I feel like there is nothing I can do. Believe me, I've done it all. All suggesstions, zero success thus far. Cambria was a week late and my water finally broke, but when I got to the hospital, I was only 1cm and I was basically induced because they started the pitocin right away.
I'm hoping at my appointment tomorrow, he will give me some good news, but I'm not holding my breath. I guess if there is still no change, I will just schedule a c-section for next week and go from there. My body just likes to keep babies inside. My mom was the same way, all her babies were way overdue, so I don't know why I think I should be any different. Wish me luck and send some contracting vibes our way!
10 comments:
I had a c-section w/tucker but not with the others. Stick with your guns! on not having another one.
PRAY for help!!
Go WALK the mall!! a zillion times. Do jumping jacks!! Find someone who has a tramp!! Get Nate involded (wink wink)!! Hike or drive up the Sandia (change in elevation, helps too)!! Take a warm bath (that helps to relax bottom muscles and you too)!! Vaccumm your Whole house!! (manual labor helps bring on brith labor)
I can't think of any more, right now....hopefully this helps!!
Stick to your guns! most drs don't like the fact that you want to try something else other than a c-section. It is tough, but you can do it! Just tell the dr that it's your decision and he is not going to change your mind!
one more:) find some blechers. run or walk up and down them!
We walked aroun 4 car dealerships to get Wyatt here in the HOT AZ SUN
I agree with Chris--I haven't had a c-section, but was in the room when I saw the doc make the decision for my sister to go cesarean and it was a totally impatient (do it on my time--the doctor's) decision. I think if she told them that she was doing it her way, the baby would have eventually come. He gave her less than 12 hours to get to the state she was--and she was having some pretty good contractions. When I think of it, my labors always start pretty far off from the actually birth--it takes a while and your body is bound to know how to do it. It won't be fun but I know you can do it beca! If there is concern for the baby though, c-section is always the best route. What is meant to be, will! Good luck and I just want to cry for you.
Becca,
With Cassie, kind of the opposite happened. I was contracting to much too soon but still not dialating as fast as they thought I should. Her heart rate was decelerating and there were a lot of scares. She was only 35 and 1/2 weeks. Thats little and I was so scared, and manic. They wanted me to get a c-section but I really didn't want that. It is such a hard decision to make. Tristan and my Father-in-law gave me a blessing and almost instantly I felt comfort and she came out all on her own like seriously 3 minutes later. The NICU barely made it in there to check her out. It was a miracle and it only took her 2 nights and 3 days of really backbreaking labor (I was going for no drugs) for Cassie to believe it was okay to come out. But of course do what you feel is best for you.
I remember with Eden, nothing happened until one week over due and they stripped my membranes in a doctor's visit. I went into hard labor really fast that night and almost had her in the car. With Hyrum, they stripped my membranes in a doctor's visit and nothing happened for a couple of days. I felt achy and then woke at 3am with contractions, he was born close to 7am. It happened fast after it was time. But, I just thought that maybe you could bargain for them to strip you (no pun intended) during one of your next doctor visits . . . it may aid in the process.
I know it's hard waiting and you hope something will happen and it will but take it from me you rather wait then have a baby early... I know your sick of being prego's but she will come when she's ready and you both will be happy and safe.. Having a baby born at 30 weeks and only 2 lbs is not fun so just thank God that she's okay and so are you even if it does take a little longer....
I don't think anything helps. Just put it in God's hands and you will be okay. I will keep you in my prayers for a safe and EASY delivery.
if you ever did a reminder of a baby coming to early search my blog and i have jadons pics on there that will help you get through those rough days..... i never knew what it felt like to have a baby late with any of my boys but i do feel really bad for you, cause at like 6-7 months im done so keep your sprits up..
drink lots of fluids that is suposed to soften everything and get your contractions going more. force it down if you have to but drink lots and lots. I tried running and walking and got nothing but I never drink enough. My doc said that is a key thing.
Today is day 14 good luck! I also agree NOTHING works! I also tried it all :( bad memories!
Post a Comment