Monday, September 29, 2008

The day has finally arrived...

...but the baby has not.


Why am I not surprised. I am ready. We are ready. Why are you not ready yet, baby Hailey?

The bags are packed.



The glider is ready for me to rock you and nurse you in.
My toes are painted.
My floors are scrubbed.
My back aches, my feet hurt and I am ready.
I've been walking and walking, hoping to persuade you out.
Your clothes are washed.
Your blankets are warm.
Your bed is empty, cozy and waiting for you to enjoy. Much roomier than my tummy, that's for sure.
Your room is finished (well, mostly).
There is an end in sight though. I got checked on Saturday, and I was 1cm! woo-hoo! That's a major milestone for me. I've been contracting a lot. I see the doc again on Thursday, and hopefully good news will be heard...dilated more, can induce rather than section...
If not, I have a scheduled c-section for next Monday, October 6th at 5pm. At least there is an end in sight. Only one more week, tops. I can handle that, right? I've already made it 40, what's one more?!?! It's a lot, I tell you. But, of course, it is worth the wait. Hailey, you are woth the wait and I will wait as long as you need. But please, try to come soon ;) I really want to meet you and kiss you and hold you and so does your big sister Cambria and your daddy. We love you already and can't wait to see you!!

3 comments:

Sara said...

Her room looks so pretty! That makes me want to go clean the kid's rooms. The girls made such a mess this morning . . . again. Oh, the messes. You're gonna be such a good mommy to Hailey! I'm so happy for you and your confidence. Your toes look beautiful!

Kelly Stanworth said...

Love the purple in her room. Hang in there. We all can't wait to see pictures when she finally does decide to join the world. I'm so envious of your clean floors...there's nothing better.

Megan said...

I keep checking everyday to see if anything has changed?! Nope!

Hailey come out already!

PS Love the room and her name! So cute!