Tuesday, March 31, 2009

What a drag

Some things in life are just a total drag. Like laundry, waking up early, pretty much all household chores, especially when it feels like I do them 10 times a day, but my house still looks like a tornado went through it (thanks Boogs). But, I think the all time topper of the lame list of to do's has got to be grocery shopping. I always feel like after I get home and unload and put away all the groceries, I deserve some kind of reward, for completing such a task. Nothing too extravagant, just maybe some warm gooey chocolate chip cookies waiting for me. Or, a full body massage. Or, even a week long trip to Hawaii. Again, nothing too outlandish.

It is such a drag.

{Put groceries in cart.}
{Take groceries out of cart to pay.}
{Put groceries in bag.}
{Put groceries back in cart.}
{Put groceries in car.}
{Take groceries out of car and into house.}
{Take all goceries out of bags and put away.}

I'm so hiring a personal shopper when I'm rich.

I went yesterday and did the dreaded task. While I was unloading the groceries out of the cart and into my car, there was a sweet old couple in the car next to me, unloading their groceries at the same time. But, the difference was, the man was unloading the groceries while the woman sat in the front seat, warm and cozy. Apparently she had paid her dues in the grocery department and now it was the man's turn. Not only was he with her shopping, he was doing all the work!

Since I will probably never be rich, I look forward to getting old and I've finally paid my dues. Only 45 years left.

Since there were no magic cookies or a round trip ticket waiting for me, I took the liberty of rewarding myself.


4 comments:

Amanda said...

I couldn't agree with you more!

Jessica Cockrell-Finch said...

Yep...you hit this one on the head! Grocery shopping just sucks!!

Megan said...

DITTO!! Nolan thinks Walmart tears our family apart so he won't go with me! Jerk! I hate it! I am going to buy flowers next time and see what he says! Thanks Becca!

Sarah and Jeremy said...

I actually kinda like grocery shopping. . . but that is probably becuase I don't have any kids yet. I'm sure that once he's here I will really hate it. Especially here, where I don't have a car to load my groceries into. Instead I get to load them into my 'hand trolley' and walk across a busy 4 lane road back to my apartment. Oh the joys of Singapore! Anyway, i love reading your blog it always makes me laugh! love ya girl!