Ok so I've been meaning to write about this for FORever! It was awesome and awful, all at the same time.
Let's just say Hailey is a thorn in my side when it comes to shopping. I kind of, really, love to shop. And so does bria. When it was just her and me, we could go walk aimlessly around target for hours, and she would sit happily in the cart looking at everything with me. Enter Hailey. She is a terror while shopping. As soon as we enter the store, she is screaming and trying to climb out of the cart. So, I strap her in tight and try to move quickly.
Awhile back we were at the dollar store buying more crap, I mean decorations, for Cambria's halloween/birthday party. If you've ever been in a dollar store, you know the carts are tiny, so I have Hailey in the cart and Bria walking beside me. We get our stuff we need and I am checking out. The cart is next to me, with Hailey in it and Cambria is looking around at stuff. I turn to grab my purse out of the cart, and as soon as I get it, I see the cart start to tumble. Yes, tipping over. I attempt to "catch" it, but to no avail.
Just picture it for a second, shall we.
Hailey, still strapped in the front of the cart, suspended in mid air.
The cart, on top of Cambria's leg.
Hailey screaming.
Me looking on bewildered, not knowing if I should get Hailey out first, lift the cart off of Bria, or whip out my phone to take a picture.
The "helper" guy come and lifts the cart off of Bria, I get Hailey out and try to calm her down. I pay for my stuff, feeling completely mortified. Luckily there is nobody else in the store.
The cashier is calm as ever. I don't know what to say, if anything, so he just says "Don't worry, it happens about once a week around here."
Huh. Well glad to know I'm not the only idiot mom.
I really wish I had a picture though, cuz it was hilarious.
Both girls were fine, obviously. Bria was standing on the side of it, that's why it tipped over. Note to other "smarter" moms: Don't let your kids stand on the side of crappy little carts.
Good thing Hailey was strapped in so tight.
3 comments:
Hahaha! That's too funny!!
That almost happened to me in the middle of Walmart! Hyrum was standing on the side and almost tipped Lucy (in her car seat) on top of Hannah and Eden. Oh, I was practically squatting and bright red trying to pull that cart up before I had 4 kids crying.
Haha! That's SO funny! I have had very bad experiences at the dollar store. (ex Andre kicking a balloon that was on the floor and the cashier yelling at him, and of course me yelling back at the cashier that the balloon should not have been on the floor, a boy WILL kick a balloon if it is on the floor directly in front of him!!)
Glad the girls didn't get hurt. :)
Post a Comment