(...that's Cambria's nickname, BTW)
Tomorrow, me and Bria are leaving on an airplane. We're off to Kansas City, MO to see Jonah and Soph and their kiddos. They moved out there this summer so Jo could go to dental school and it's due time for a visit. I figured I better do it now, before Boogs Jr. (Baby #2) makes her (late, I'm sure) arrival. I'm nervous though. And here's why...
*The flight leaves at 8:20am, so I have to be at the airport no later than 7:00am, which means I have to leave home at least by 6:30am, which means I have to get up by like 5:30am. Blah.
*It's just me, Boogs, a stroller, lots of snacks/toys/movies/books and my big 'ol belly. If ya haven't seen it lately, it's big. I know I'm gonna get some funky looks when we board the plane. Maybe I should pretend to go into labor right after we take off, just to spice things up a bit.
*I didn't buy Bria a ticket, which = no seat for her. I'm especially nervous about trying to entertain her, on my ever shrinking lap, for 2 hours. Maybe I should buy some Dramamine??
But, I'm also very excited to see my brother and sister-in-law and their 3 kiddos. I miss them and it will be a nice visit. Wish us luck and I'll return soon and give a full report on our adventure. See ya!
3 comments:
good luck! you should have some good blogging stories!! hope you have fun!
just make sure you make lots of distractions. don't show any sign of distress . . . pretend as hard as you can that you are at an amusement park and having the time of your life. then point out to her all of the motions of the plane on the map tv thingy--that is always interesting for the kids. you'll be fine and if it goes horribly just remember that those dirty looks are because you're a good mommy and aren't yelling at your kids the way they want to--that, and cambia is lucky you're the mommy and not them. love you
I love dramamine! I think that's a good plan. Garrett's ears always hurt on the plane so he chews big wads of gum when we take off. I guess it helps with the air pressure. Hope everything works out and you have so much fun! I didn't know they moved! Tell your sis in law to start a blog. I never get to see what they are up to since she deleted her myspace page. I've never seen the new baby!
Post a Comment