Thursday, February 12, 2009

Sisters

I found a great deal on this little seat for Hailey, so I bought it figuring it would be another nice option to have to put her in. Also, it reduced her risk of being trampled by her ever present, ever running/hopping/singing/hugging/dancing sister that is always near by.



Cambria was (obviously) way more excited about it than Hailey, but Hailey does seem to enjoy it. She looks so cute sitting up in it.

We gave Hailey a bit of rice cereal the other day. Again, Cambria waaaay excited. Hailey, not so much.





Now if Hailey is fussing during dinner, Cambria tries to calm her down saying (cue high pitch baby voice) "It's ok Hailey. You want some 'frice' cereal?? Ok Hailey bug. Mommy will get it."
A rare moment of quiet. Sharing her love of reading with her little sister.
It is so cute to watch them interact. Hailey really likes her big sister and is always smiling and laughing at her. Cambria undoubtedly loves her sister and has since day one. She is constantly trying to 'help' with her, and has become quite a good helper. If she accidentally hits or bumps her, I'll hear her say "I sorry Hailey", follwed by many kisses. Just today, I took Hailey in for her 4 month check up, and while she was screaming during her shots, I could hear Cambria softly singing "A B C D E F G..." trying to calm her little sister down. So sweet.
I love these 'two little girlies'. They are my greatest joy in life. I hope they will continue to grow close and be the best of friends.
**Funny story. Hailey weighs just under 15lbs (75%) and is 27" long (110%). The nurse and doctor were kind of surprised and kept asking me "Is her dad really tall? Wow...." Ha! I said "Well, he's not exactly 'tall' but my dad and brothers sure are!" Maybe she will be taller than both of us!**

2 comments:

Sara said...

Wow, your girls are so adorable. I'm not kidding. They are gorgeous!!! The way they act with eachother remind me so much of Hannah and Eden at that age. They're still the best of friends with a few of those sibling fights thrown in now and again.

The Wethington's said...

That's just too cute. I love bumbo chairs....I wish you could put them in the tub though. Wouldn't that be handy? I really tried it once and even with Savannah in it, it just floated lol.