Thursday, February 19, 2009

1 down, 2.5 to go

Nate left this afternoon on his annual Wolf Creek snowboarding trip. I hate it when he's gone. Maybe if he wasn't so awesome, I wouldn't miss him so much. He'll be home Sunday afternoon, which means I have to attempt church, teaching primary and the two girlies all by myself.

gulp.

I'm scared. I'm kind of a wuss, if you can't tell. Nate spoils me rotten with all his help, but I'm thinking happy, positive thoughts. He promised me a fun vacation this summer since he abandoned us for this week. That will be worth it. I hope. I'll let you know on Sunday, if I'm still here.

In my defense, both girls are in bed and have been sleeping for the last 45 minutes. That is huge. Chalk that one up to my latest book obsession. This may save my life and re-establish my 12 hour nights of sleep. (remember, me = spoiled). That's what I'm hoping for anyway. Tonight's our first night, so we shall see. The girls are actually great sleepers, it's just getting them to sleep that is the problem. Once there, they are out all night. It just sometimes doesn't happen til 9:00 or 10:00 or 11:00 o'clock. So, both down at 7:30pm...S.C.O.R.E.

Too bad I'm all alone now and have nobody to watch last night's episode of LOST. Bummer. Maybe I'll just go to bed, since I'm still in my jammies anyway!

4 comments:

Sara said...

You can do it Becca! It's good practice. I remember feeling the same way you do when it was just Hannah and Eden. Now, with Hyrum along side, I just take it as it comes. Getting the kids to bed is the hardest part, I agree there. The girls will stay up in their room playing or singing until those late hours all the time. It kinda drives me nuts! I would be spending a lot of time blogging or watching lame tv in your boat. Just take it easy and get yourself some nice snacks for tomorrow--make it your vacation too! Love you. I'll be getting to your home soon, with that manual!

Kelly Stanworth said...

So, have you read the whole book? I'm a baby/child book addict and my Nick is a terrible sleeper. You have to let me know if it really works in the upcoming nights. Is there really hope for my horrible sleeper?

carrie said...

I didn't know you were a LOST lover! I am an addict. Isn't this season awesome. I am so intrigued. (yeah, I am pretty lame and nerdy these days and have to live through TV shows)

Sarah and Jeremy said...

I'm reading the same book as we speak! I actually read it last summer in prepration for thinking about having a baby. . . and now that he's on the way I am re-reading it and taking better notes. My friend who has 3 amazing, happy, and well rested kids recommended it to me. Judging by her kids, i'd say it's a keeper. :) Good luck and let me know how it goes!