Monday, April 13, 2009

Easter

It was fun to see Bria get so excited about the Easter Bunny and what he (she?? it??)brought her. She loved finding the eggs and she had to open every one right when she found it, so it took forever to find them all. I have pictures just like these of me running around finding eggs too. When I was little, not now...

SCORE!! an egg!!


Look, chocolate.


Even Hailey got in on the egg finding action.
Although, she didn't really buy the whole "easter bunny" story...

"So, you're tellin' me a giant bunny brought me this egg??...riiight"




Then, it was time to get ready. We didn't have much time left since Bria's hunting took forever, and we have 9:00 church. Quick!


She even let me curl her hair! Love it.

My cutest little girlies.



On our way home from church I asked Bria what her lesson was about in nursery. She got a really sad face and said "Make a sad face too mom" so I did then I said "Why the sad face?"
Bria: "Jesus died mommy. Then, they put his body in the tomb cuz he died. He died on the cross and then they put his body in the tomb..and then...tomb...jesus..." {repeated like 10 times}
Mom: {astonished} "yes, you're right, he did die. Then what happened?"
Bria: "Then, something happened and when Mary saw him she got so happy. Cuz something happened and then Mary was so happy......" {again, repeat x 10}
Mom: {Beaming with Pride} "You are amazing. Good job honey"
I can't believe how smart she is. She blows my mind sometimes. It was so sweet to hear her talk about Jesus, even if it was the same thing repeated over and over about 10 times.
Hope everyone else had a sweet, fun, renewing, spirit filled Easter!!

1 comment:

The Foutz Fam said...

Bria is so sweet! I love that! They look so beautiful and so does their mother! It always amazes me how receptive thier little spirits are. Bella has been telling me about the ressurection and tomb all week too.