Saturday, April 18, 2009

Kids these days

Many a times I have nearly injured myself by running into the living room to see what the hysterical, high pitched sobs of "Moooooommmmmmm!!!" are about. All the while thinking 'Oh great, what did she so now, I hope she's ok...'

Mom: {concerned} "What is it Boogs? What happened? Are you Ok?"

Boogs {tears streaming} "The commercials are on! Dora's not on! Fix it!!"

Seriously??? What kind of monster have I created?? She screams at the sight of commercials? She knows I can 'fast forward' through them, so she thinks that her screaming at the top of her lungs is what is going to get me to "fix it".

Now when she is not obeying, all I have to threaten her with is "Next time Dora's on, I'll make you watch all the commercials if you don't stop."

How's that for punishment??

Mother of the year right here folks.

3 comments:

KCordell said...

That is hilarious!

Tessy said...

I know!! I have this same occurence several times a day! whats wrong w/ Nick anyway? Disney doesn't show commercials! and if Ian sees em he's always pouting saying "I wish I had that". ugh!

Sarah and Jeremy said...

Spoiled littler girl and the world of tvo! Thank goodness for it! That's the only way to watch TV now days, I'm glad she's realized it at such a tender age. :) Seriously a good laugh!